How to See Edit History in Google Sheets
In this article, you will learn how to view a version history in Google Sheets. This is beneficial when you share a Google worksheet with other collaborators and want to check what changes have been made in the document or if you want to restore a previous version.
How to view edit history in Google Sheets
How to see the edit history of a cell
- Select a cell of which edit history you want to check.
- Right-click and go to “Show edit history”.
- A pop-up with an edit record shows up.
How to view the version history of a worksheet
- (i) Press “Ctrl” + “Alt” + “Shift” + “H” (for Windows) or “Command” + “Alt” + “Shift” + “H” (for Mac), (ii) click the language, “Last edit was…” next to the “Help” tab, or (iii) go to the “File” tab → “Version history” → “See version history”.
- You automatically move to another page with a list of versions on the right side.
- If you want to check what changes were made, ensure “Show change” at the bottom of the list is checked.
- Select the version you would like to view.
- You can also restore a version if you need to by clicking “Restore this version” button, next to the date and time at the top of the page.
Who can see version history in Google Sheets?
Those who have an edit right of a worksheet can view the edit and version history of the spreadsheet.