QuickBooks Books List
When it comes to managing your business finances, QuickBooks is a popular choice for many small business owners. QuickBooks allows you to create and manage multiple "books," which are essentially separate files for different aspects of your business. Here is a list of some of the QuickBooks books you may need:
- General Ledger: This book contains all of your company's financial transactions, including expenses and income. It is the primary book you will use to manage your finances.
- Accounts Payable: This book tracks your company's outstanding bills and payments to vendors.
- Accounts Receivable: This book tracks customer invoices and payments.
- Payroll: This book tracks employee payroll and taxes.
- Inventory: This book tracks your company's inventory levels and costs.
- Fixed Assets: This book tracks your company's fixed assets, such as buildings, equipment, and vehicles.
- Budgets: This book allows you to create and manage budgets for your business.
By using QuickBooks to manage these books, you can keep your finances organized and make informed decisions about your business.
QuickBooks Online Books to Read
In addition to using QuickBooks to manage your business finances, there are many helpful books available that can provide guidance and insight into how to make the most of the software. Here are some QuickBooks online books to shop for:
- "QuickBooks Online For Dummies" by Elaine Marmel: This book is a great resource for beginners and covers everything from setting up your QuickBooks account to managing your books and generating reports.
- "QuickBooks Online Advanced: The Ultimate Guide" by Sufyan bin Uzayr: This book is geared towards advanced users of QuickBooks and covers topics such as advanced reporting, inventory management, and customizing forms.
- "QuickBooks Online Practice Set" by Leslie Capachietti: This book is a comprehensive guide that includes a practice set with step-by-step instructions to help you learn how to use QuickBooks Online.
- "QuickBooks Online User Guide" by QuickBooks: This is an official user guide provided by QuickBooks that covers all of the features and functions of the software.
- "QuickBooks Online Training Manual Classroom in a Book" by TeachUcomp Inc.: This book is a comprehensive training manual that covers all aspects of QuickBooks Online and includes hands-on exercises to help you learn the software.
By investing in one or more of these books, you can gain a better understanding of QuickBooks and how to use it effectively to manage your business finances.
How to Close Books in QuickBooks
Closing your books in QuickBooks is an important step in the financial reporting process. When you close your books, you are essentially creating a snapshot of your company's financials at a specific point in time. Here's how to close your books in QuickBooks:
- Make sure all transactions for the period you want to close have been entered.
- Go to the "Company" menu and select "Make Journal Entries."
- Enter any necessary adjusting entries.
- Go to the "Reports" menu and select "Profit and Loss Standard."
- Set the date range for the period you want to close.
- Review the report to ensure all transactions have been entered and reconciled.
- Go to the "Company" menu and select "Close the Books."
- Follow the prompts to close the books for the period.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your financial statements are accurate and up-to-date.
How to Lock Books in QuickBooks Online
Locking your books in QuickBooks Online is another important step in the financial reporting process. When you lock your books, you are essentially preventing any further changes to your financial transactions for a specific period. Here's how to lock your books in QuickBooks Online:
- Go to the "Settings" menu and select "Advanced."
- Select "Accounting."
- Scroll down to the "Close the books" section.
- Select the period you want to lock.
- Follow the prompts to lock the books for the period.
By locking your books, you can ensure that your financial statements are accurate and that there are no unauthorized changes to your financial transactions.
Max Out Your QuickBooks Online Potentials With LiveFlow
If you want to get the most out of your QuickBooks Online experience, consider using LiveFlow. LiveFlow is a powerful tool that can help you turn real-time financial data from QuickBooks Online into dynamic Google Sheets reports. With LiveFlow, you can easily create customized financial dashboards that are automatically updated with live data. This can help you save time and eliminate the need for manual data entry.
If you're interested in learning more about LiveFlow and how it can help you streamline your financial reporting, book a demo with us today. Our team can show you how LiveFlow works and help you get started with this powerful tool.
More QuickBooks Solutions
Is QuickBooks Cloud Based?
Is QuickBooks Hard To Learn?
QBO Apps FAQs
Quick Books Sales (Everything You Need To Know)
Quickbooks Online vs QuickBooks Self Employed?
1099 Quickbooks Online (Complete Guide)
Collaborating With Bookkeepers And Accountants In QuickBooks
What Are Classes In QuickBooks Online?