Having QuickBooks die on you at the worst possible moment is every business owner, accountant, and freelancer's nightmare. When the software you rely on for accounting and payroll tasks isn't working, it can be a considerable disruption to your working day.
Fortunately, if QuickBooks is down or not functioning correctly, there are steps you can take that might help you get back up and running. Here's what to do to figure out is Quickbooks online down and what to do about it.
There are a number of potential causes why QuickBooks Online isn’t loading. It could be due to an error on your end (e.g., a slow or unreliable internet connection or an outdated web browser).
Or, it may have something to do with the service itself (e.g., maintenance issues or system overloads).
Thankfully, there are a number of steps you can take
If you're having trouble connecting to the server, try restarting your computer and any networking equipment like routers and modems. Additionally, you should make sure your internet connection is stable and reliable.
You can also try clearing your browser’s cache, using a different browser, or updating your current one to the latest version. If that doesn't work, try opening an Incognito window in Google Chrome (Ctrl+Shift+N) which won't use any stored data.
Sometimes, a server error may be caused by an issue with your computer's DNS settings or firewall configurations. To fix this, you should reset your DNS settings to their default values and make sure any firewall programs are allowing access to the server.
If the platform itself is down, there, unfortunately, there isn't much you can do other than wait and check the status to see if there is any news on when it will be back up.
You can also contact the customer support team, who can provide more information about the issue.
The QuickBooks Down Detector page also provides a QuickBooks online outage map that will show you if the downtime is affecting other people in your area or globally.
You can also see what other users are experiencing and leave comments about your experience.
Keep in mind that sometimes platforms go down for scheduled maintenance, so be sure to check the official website or social media accounts of the platform for any updates on when service might be restored.
As mentioned, QuickBooks Down Detector is an excellent way of assessing if QuickBooks is down.
However, it's not the only way of finding out is QuickBooks online is currently down. The Intuit and Quickbooks social media channels are also a great way to stay informed about any technical issues that may arise.
The official QuickBooks website often has announcements about service interruptions or outages that might be affecting your experience with their software.
You could also try Googling "is QuickBooks online down right now." This might sound simplistic, but there are lots of accountancy and freelancer forums where people will post reports of service outages or other issues they're experiencing.
If you still can't find an answer to your question, it might be worth contacting the QuickBooks customer support team directly. They should give you more information about what's happening and provide advice on how to fix the issue.
There are a wide range of reasons why QuickBooks Online might be unresponsive. Unfortunately, the most common set of reasons are at the user end, so let's take a look at what they are and what you can do about them:
1. Internet connection issues: If you're experiencing trouble with your internet connection, this could be the cause of why QuickBooks Online isn't working. You may need to contact your internet provider or reset your router to fix the issue.
2. Firewall/Security settings: Your Firewall and Security settings can also interfere with the proper functioning of QuickBooks Online. Check your settings and make sure that the firewall or antivirus is not blocking QuickBooks.
3. Outdated browser: If you're using an outdated version of a web browser, this can also cause problems with QuickBooks Online. Make sure to update your web browser to the latest version in order to ensure that QuickBooks Online works properly.
4. Browser extensions: Certain browser extensions can interfere with the proper functioning of QuickBooks Online. To fix this issue, disable all browser extensions and then try to use QuickBooks Online again.
5. Corrupt files: If your system is infected with a virus or other malicious software, this can cause corrupted files which can interfere with the proper functioning of QuickBooks Online. Make sure to run a virus scan and malware scan on your system in order to detect any malicious software that may be causing issues.
These are the most common problems that can occur with QuickBooks Online. However, if these solutions do not resolve your issue, it may be that there is something wrong with the platform.
The best way to get quick answers, in that case, is to contact the QuickBooks Online customer service team. They will be able to give you assistance and advice on how to resolve any issue that you may be having with the platform.
If you see other people asking, "is QuickBooks online down today" then there's a good chance it's not just you. Just relax and try the troubleshooting steps above.
LiveFlow is the best way to turn real-time financial data from QuickBooks into flexible Google Sheets reports. With LiveFlow, you can create customized financial dashboards with live data and eliminate manual data entry!
Book a demo with us today to find out how we can help you put your financial reporting on autopilot!
How Do You Use The QuickBooks Time Activities By Employee Report?
How Do You Add Multiple Emails To Customer Details In QuickBooks Online?
Collaborating With Bookkeepers And Accountants In QuickBooks
What Are Classes In QuickBooks Online?
What is QuickBooks online essentials?