Can I modify my spreadsheet and still update my reports?
The short answer is, yes and no.
Modifications that will not work:
In other words, if you change the below items, they’ll revert back to its original form upon refresh.
- font-weight (bold / not bold)
- text color
- number formats
- text alignment (horizontal or vertical)
Modifications that will work:
In other words, things you can customize and will remain in place upon refresh.
- Insert new rows
- Insert new columns
- Any changes to values or styles inside those new rows and columns
If you’d like to delete rows and columns in your report, it might work, but generally, we recommend that you hide them instead.
Here is a guide on how to do that.
Modifications that we might work, and might not:
In other words, these things can work, but also can not. We recommend you try it for yourself.
- Any changes to the background color that conflict with our efforts to alternate the colors of each row
- Any changes that conflict with conditional formatting we apply (e.g. red negative numbers)