How To Export QuickBooks Online Data to Google Sheets
If you work with QuickBooks online, chances are you're familiar with some of the platform's shortcomings regarding flexible data analysis.
If that's the case, you likely clicked on this article to learn how exporting data from QuickBooks Online (QBO) into Google Sheets can become a powerful piece of your workflow, but you need to know how to get started.
Why Export QuickBooks Online Data to Google Sheets?
Say goodbye to the rigid data structures of QBO! With Google Sheets, you can organize and customize your financial data.
Google Sheets allows you to work with your financial data in a user-friendly way, creating graphics and shareable dashboards along the way, meaning your clients have access to their data without needing to bug you constantly for clunky QBO reports.
With a simple export action, you can create a collaborative workspace for your data while saving hours each month.
How to Export Data from QuickBooks Online to Google Sheets
There are two ways to get your QuickBooks Online data into Google Sheets.
Export Data Straight to Google Sheets
The most basic way to export your QBO data to Google Sheets involves just a few steps.
- Log into your QuickBooks Online account and select the report you wish to export.
- In the top right corner, click the Export button (between the Print and Settings icons), and choose Export to Google Sheets.
- You will have to opt in to allow Intuit to export your data when prompted, and then you will be redirected to Google Sheets, where you can now access your QBO data in a new spreadsheet.
Export Data as a CSV File
A more dynamic option is to save your QBO data as a CSV file, allowing you to open it in more than just Google Sheets if necessary.
- The process begins by logging into QuickBooks Online and selecting the desired company file. From there, head to the "Reports" section and run the report you wish to export.
- Once the report is generated, click the Export button and select the CSV format option.
Once you have downloaded the CSV file, you can then import your CSV file to our spreadsheet.
After creating a new sheet, select "File" and then "Import." Choose the CSV file you exported from QuickBooks Online.
Your financial data is now ready to be explored and analyzed with the collaborative power of Google Sheets.
Let's Take it a Step Further with LiveFlow
Now that you have seen the power of analyzing your QuickBooks Online data in Google Sheets, what if there was a way to get that same power without the need to manage manual exports?
That's where LiveFlow comes in.
With LiveFlow, our platform handles exporting your QuickBooks Online data and turns your Google Sheets spreadsheet into a powerful FP&A dashboard that is always up-to-date.
Accountants and finance professionals using LiveFlow have reported saving 192 hours per year on regular reporting tasks. Think of everything you could do with that extra time!
Here's what else LiveFlow can do for your business.
- Consolidation of multi-entity businesses in under 3 minutes
- Drill down into every transaction you need the context about without logging into QuickBooks Online.
- 100+ prebuilt financial templates, all customizable to crush your reporting in minutes and spend the time on what matters
- Unmatched security with SOC-2 standards
- Our excellent Customer Success Team ensures your onboarding is smooth
So, what are you waiting for? Book a demo with LiveFlow today to learn how LiveFlow can revolutionize your reporting and save you over 190 hours per year on reporting tasks.